Signs and Symptoms
Symptoms vary from time to time and from person to person. The main symptoms of asthma are characterised by:
- Wheezing (a whistling sound when you breathe out)
- A tight chest
- Shortness of breath
Some people may have all these symptoms. Others may experience coughing or wheezing only, or a combination of some of the symptoms.
How to recognise worsening asthma symptoms
- Coughing or wheezing more than normal.
- Finding it difficult to sleep due to asthma.
- Finding it difficult to talk or breath due to asthma.
- Finding that their reliver medication is not as helpful as expected or is needed more often than usual.
- Finding that the effort of breathing is causing them to become tired.
Please note the content on this website is not intended to be a substitute to a medical professional consultation. BronkiBoosters is brought to you by Cipla. Logo, illustrations and characters are subject to Cipla copyright. All rights reserved.